For more information about the departmental policy regarding our graduate program, please check the Graduate Handbook For your convenience, all forms are available in MS Word.
To be fully effective in today’s dynamic workplace, engineers and scientists must be able to make sound management decisions while working in fast-paced technical environments. To prepare professionals for this challenge, UT’s Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering offers graduates and scientific professionals a Master of Science degree, a dual-degree option (MS and MBA), and a PhD degree with a major in Industrial and Systems Engineering.
All IE degree requirements can be accomplished through our distance program. Non-Tennessee residents who are online students and do not use any on campus facilities will pay a reduced rate for Out-of-State Tuition.
The department has the following graduate programs:
- PhD in Industrial Engineering
- PhD in Industrial Engineering with Engineering Management Concentration
- MS in Industrial Engineering
- MS in Reliability and Maintainability Engineering
- Dual Master Program with MS in Industrial Engineering and Master of Business Administration
- MS in Engineering Management (online)
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management
- Graduate Certificate in Reliability and Maintainability Engineering
You can find the description of all IE graduate level courses here.
- Dr. Jim Ostrowski
- Director of Graduate Studies for Industrial Engineering
- Phone: 865-974-7657
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Anahita Khojandi
Director of Reliability and Maintainability Engineering
Dr. Andrew Yu
Director of Engineering Management Concentration