To be fully effective in today’s dynamic workplace, engineers and scientists must be able to make sound management decisions while working in fast-paced technical environments. To prepare professionals for this challenge, UT’s Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering offers graduates and scientific professionals a Master of Science degree, a dual-degree option (MS and MBA), and a PhD degree with a major in Industrial and Systems Engineering.
All IE degree requirements can be accomplished through our distance program. Non-Tennessee residents who are online students and do not use any on campus facilities will pay a reduced rate for Out-of-State Tuition at only $75/hour.
The department has the following graduate programs:
- PhD in Industrial Engineering
- PhD in Industrial Engineering with Engineering Management Concentration
- MS in Industrial Engineering
- MS in Reliability and Maintainability Engineering
- Dual Master Program with MS in Industrial Engineering and Master of Business Administration
- MS in Industrial Engineering with Engineering Management Concentration
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management
- Graduate Certificate in Reliability and Maintainability Engineering
Dr. James Simonton
Director of Engineering Management Concentration at UTSI