Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers
The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers @ UT is an organization governed by the students within the Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering. Its main focus is to provide students with outside resources regarding their future professional careers. In addition, it is a way in which industrial engineering students can get to know one another better outside of the classroom. The highlight of the ISE year is the annual regional conference. Historically, participation has been excellent. Visit IIE’s national site for more information.
UT’s IISE Student Chapter Representatives
President: Alexis Walsh
Vice-President: Rachel Ware
Treasurer: Kendall Miller
Secretary: Lauren Lingar
Questions? Contact Alexis Walsh at email@example.com
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Mingzhou Jin
Alpha Pi Mu
Alpha Pi Mu is the only nationally recognized Industrial Engineering honor society, nationally founded in 1949 at Georgia Tech. Shortly thereafter, in April of 1954, the University of Tennessee started a local chapter. Juniors and seniors are invited to join based upon strong academic performance and an initiation ceremony is held each fall. Alpha Pi Mu honors these students, while providing opportunities to connect students and faculty members and encourage academic and professional pursuits.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Xueping Li
President: Kendall Miller
Vice-President: Connor McReynolds
Secretary: Mallory Beck
Treasurer: Alexis Walsh
The goals are stated by Alpha Pi Mu as follows
- To confer recognition upon the industrial engineering student who has shown exceptional academic interests and abilities in his field.
- To encourage, wherever possible, any movement which will advance the best interest of industrial engineering education.
- To further unify the student body of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering in presenting its needs and ideals to the faculty.
- To create a closer student-faculty relationship by bringing together the needs and thoughts of both.
- To assist and cooperate with all organizations and persons working for the interest of industrial engineering.
- To benefit its members by the association and experience that can come from bringing together a group with similar interests, objectives, and abilities and to promote the professional welfare of all.
Women in Industrial and Systems Engineering’s mission is to empower and equip women with the knowledge and resources to achieve their full potential in the engineering field. There are many opportunities in the program:
- Mentor Program
- Professional Speakers
- Resume Building
- Leadership Opportunities
- Social Events
President: Mallory Beck
Vice President: Rachel Ware
Treasurer: Savannah Davidson
Secretary: Kendall Miller
Public Relations: Rachel Fisher
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Anahita Khojandi
For more information: Email
Mallory Beck firstname.lastname@example.org