Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers
The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers @ UT is an organization governed by the students within the Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering. Its main focus is to provide students with outside resources regarding their future professional careers. In addition, it is a way in which industrial engineering students can get to know one another better outside of the classroom. The highlight of the ISE year is the annual regional conference. Historically, participation has been excellent. Visit IIE’s national site for more information.
UT’s IISE Student Chapter Representatives
President: Kendall Miller
Vice-President: Warren Dewey
Treasurer: Connor McReynolds
Secretary: Lilly McCloud
Questions? Contact Kendall Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Mingzhou Jin
Alpha Pi Mu
Alpha Pi Mu is the only nationally recognized Industrial Engineering honor society, nationally founded in 1949 at Georgia Tech. Shortly thereafter, in April of 1954, the University of Tennessee started a local chapter. Juniors and seniors are invited to join based upon strong academic performance and an initiation ceremony is held each fall. Alpha Pi Mu honors these students, while providing opportunities to connect students and faculty members and encourage academic and professional pursuits.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Xueping Li
President: Connor McReynolds
Vice-President: Trent Deel
Secretary: Griffin Gillam
Treasurer: Paulina Urbanowicz
The goals are stated by Alpha Pi Mu as follows
- To confer recognition upon the industrial engineering student who has shown exceptional academic interests and abilities in his field.
- To encourage, wherever possible, any movement which will advance the best interest of industrial engineering education.
- To further unify the student body of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering in presenting its needs and ideals to the faculty.
- To create a closer student-faculty relationship by bringing together the needs and thoughts of both.
- To assist and cooperate with all organizations and persons working for the interest of industrial engineering.
- To benefit its members by the association and experience that can come from bringing together a group with similar interests, objectives, and abilities and to promote the professional welfare of all.
[/highlight] Find more information: Alpha Pi Mu National Chapter Are you interested in joining Alpha Pi Mu? Contact Dr. Xueping Li, the faculty advisor for UT’s chapter: Xueping.Li@utk.edu. University of Tennessee. 522 John D. Tickle Building, Knoxville, TN 37996-0700 Ph: 865-974-7648, Fax: 865-974-0588.
Women in Industrial and Systems Engineering’s mission is to empower and equip women with the knowledge and resources to achieve their full potential in the engineering field. There are many opportunities in the program:
- Mentor Program
- Professional Speakers
- Resume Building
- Leadership Opportunities
- Social Events
President: Savannah Davidson
Vice President: Rachel Fisher
Treasurer: Andrea Wilkerson
Secretary: Cerys Miller
Public Relations: Katy Daniels
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Anahita Khojandi
For more information: Savannah Davidson email@example.com