Zhongshun “Tony” Shi is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering and the Director of the Intelligent Decision and Engineering Analytics (IDEA) Lab at the University of Tennessee Space Institute, and Associate Director of the Logistics, Transportation, and Supply Chain (LTS) Engineering Lab at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Prior to joining UT, he was a Research Associate in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the University of Tennessee Space Institute and University of Wisconsin-Madison, respectively. He received his B.S. degree in Applied Mathematics from China University of Geosciences (Beijing) and his Ph.D. degree in Management Science and Engineering from Peking University. His research interests include optimization, simulation, applied statistics and artificial intelligence, and applying the developed methodologies to solve the important research issues of complex systems in science and engineering. Dr. Shi is a member of IISE, IEEE, POMS, ASEE and INFORMS.
- Statistical Methods in Industrial Engineering
- Design of Experiments and Data Analytics
- Heuristics in Optimization
- Simulation Modeling and Analysis
- Manufacturing Systems Modeling and Analysis
- Digital Manufacturing Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Data and Model-Driven Science and Engineering
- Inference, Design and Decision Analytics of Complex Systems
- Optimization and Approximation Algorithms
- Simulation Modeling and Optimization
- Cyber Physical Systems and Smart Manufacturing
- Logistics, Transportation and Supply Chain Engineering
Ph.D., Management Science and Engineering, Peking University, January 2017
B.S., Applied Mathematics, China University of Geoscience, July 2011
Awards and Recognitions
Second Place , INFORMS Syngenta Crop Challenge in Analytics, 2017.
Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Prize, Peking University, 2017.
Outstanding Graduate of Beijing, China, 2017.
Presidential Research Fellowships, Peking University, 2016.
Graduate National Scholarship of China, 2016.
Top-Ten Outstanding Scholars Award, College of Engineering, Peking University, 2016.