Zhongshun “Tony” Shi is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering and Associate Director of the Logistics, Transportation, and Supply Chain (LTS) Engineering Lab at the University of Tennessee Knoxville, and the Director of the Intelligent Decision and Engineering Analytics (IDEA) Lab at the University of Tennessee Space Institute. Prior to joining UT, he was a Research Associate in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Tennessee Space Institute, respectively. He received his B.S. degree in Applied Mathematics from China University of Geosciences (Beijing) and his Ph.D. degree in Management Science and Engineering from Peking University. His research interests include complex systems, mathematical optimization, approximation algorithm, artificial intelligence, data analytics and their applications in manufacturing, energy efficiency, agriculture, logistics and supply chain management. Dr. Shi is a member of IISE, IEEE, POMS and INFORMS.
- Statistical Methods in Industrial Engineering
- Performance Analysis of Manufacturing Systems
- Simulation Modeling and Analysis
- Digital Manufacturing Technologies
- Applied Optimization and Approximation Algorithms
- Complex Systems and Intelligent Decision
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0
- Planning and Scheduling in Manufacturing and Services
- Logistics, Transportation and Supply Chain Engineering
Ph.D., Management Science and Engineering, Peking University, January 2017
B.S., Applied Mathematics, China University of Geoscience, July 2011
Awards and Recognitions
Second Place , INFORMS Syngenta Crop Challenge in Analytics, 2017.
Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Prize, Peking University, 2017.
Outstanding Graduate of Beijing, China, 2017.
Presidential Research Fellowships, Peking University, 2016.
Graduate National Scholarship of China, 2016.
Top-Ten Outstanding Scholars Award, College of Engineering, Peking University, 2016.