John D. Tickle Professor, Associate Head, and ISSE Director
Dr. Mingzhou Jin directs the Institute for a Secure and Sustainable Environment (ISSE) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK) and is a professor and the Associate Head at the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. He currently holds the John D. Tickle Professorship. His research interest includes sustainability, climate change, optimization, transportation and logistics, supply chain, additive and smart manufacturing, and energy efficiency. His research has been well sponsored with more than $8 million in grants and contracts from a board spectrum of federal, local government agencies and corporations including US National Science Foundation, US Department of Energy, US Department of Transportation, US Department of Homeland Security, three state Departments of Transportation, Tennessee Valley Authority, American Trucking Associations, America Makes, FedEx, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Nissan, Material Handling Industry, etc. In addition, he has received multiple research, teaching and service awards from professional organizations, Tickle College of Engineering (TCE), and the University of Tennessee, including 2020 UTK Chancellor’s Research and Creative Achievement Award and 2020 TCE Research Achieve Award. He also received TCE Teaching Fellow, Outstanding Advising, and Outstanding Service awards in the past five years. He is a fellow of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers. Before joining UT, he worked at Mississippi State University for 10 years, from 2002 to 2011.
- Operations Research I: Deterministic Models
- Operations Research II: Probabilistic Models
- Research Method in Industrial Engineering
- Senior Design
- Graduate Seminar
- Engineering Economy
- Stochastic Processes
- Optimization Method in Industrial Engineering
- Supply Chain Engineering
- Nonlinear Programming
- Network Flows
- Engineering Statistics II
- Systems Engineering and Analysis
- Logistics Engineering (Supply Chain Management)
- Manufacturing Systems Modeling
- Modeling and Analysis for Environment, Sustainability and Climate Change (Director of the Institute for a Secure and Sustainable Environment)
- Logistics, Transportation, and Supply Chain Management (Director of the LTS lab)
- Operations Research and Data Analytics
- Advanced Manufacturing (Director of the BEAM Center)
- PhD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Lehigh University, 2001
- MS, Management Science, Business School of Zhejiang University, 1998
- BS, Electrical Engineering and Mixed Class, Zhejiang University, 1995
- Editor-in-Chief, Cleaner and Circular Bioeconomy, 2021 - present
- Executive Editor, Journal of Cleaner Production, 2020-present
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Production Economics, 2013-present
- Editorial Board Member, The Engineering Economists, 2014-present
- Associate Editor, Journal of Cleaner Production, 2015-2020
- IISE Regional Vice President for the Mid-Atlantic Region, 2018-2020
- Adjunct Professor, Zhejiang University, China, 2013-2020
- Adjunct Professor, Central South University of Forestry and Technology, China, 2018-2019
- President of the Logistics and Supply Chain Division of IISE, 2016-2017
- President of the Engineering Economy Division of IISE, 2014-2015
- Secretary of the Rail Application Society of INFORMS, 2014-2016
- Track Chairs for Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Awards and Recognitions
- 2021 UTK Award for Success in Multidisciplinary Research Award, as a member of Health Environment Team
- 2020 UTK Chancellor's Citation Award for Research and Creative Achievement
- 2020 Tickle College of Engineering Research Achievement Award
- 2018 IISE Annual Conference, Best Paper award for the Logistics and Supply Chain Track
- 2018 IISE Annual Conference, Second Best Paper award for the Engineering Management Track
- IISE Fellow, Elected in 2018
- 2018 Tickle College of Engineering Outstanding Faculty Service Award
- 2017 Dr. Kenneth Kirby Endowed Faculty Award
- 2016 IISE Outstanding Regional Faculty Advisor Award for the Mid-Atlantic Region
- 2016 IIE Annual Conference Best Paper for the Engineering Economic Analysis Track
- 2016 College of Engineering Outstanding Advising Award
- 2015/2016 CTR Fellow
- 2015 College of Engineering Teaching Fellow Award
- 2014 Annual IIE Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Logistics and Supply Chain
- 2014 1st Place in IIE Logistics and Supply Chain Case Study Competition (Advisor)
- 2014 Distinguished Professor Awarded by the IIE Student Chapter at UT
- 2011, 2010 State Pride Faculty Award at MSU
- 2010 Hearin Faculty Excellence Award of Bagley College of Engineering, MSU
- 2009, 2006 Best Paper of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at MSU
- 2008 Mississippi State University Faculty Research Award for Bagley College of Engineering at MSU
- C. Griffin, J. Hale, and M. Jin*, “Framework for Assessing Investment Costs of Additive Manufacturing,” Accepted by Progress in Additive Manufacturing, 2022.
- S. Zhou, Z. Jia, M. Jin*. and N. Du, Minimizing makespan on parallel batch processing machines with two-dimensional rectangular jobs. Computers & Industrial Engineering, p.108167, 2022.
- S. Zhou, M. Jin*, C. Liu, X. Zheng, and H. Chen, Scheduling a single batch processing machine with non-identical two-dimensional job sizes. Expert Systems with Applications, p.116907, 2022.
- W. Dong, K. Armstrong, M. Jin*, S. Nimbalkar, W. Guo, J. Zhuang and J. Cresko, A framework to quantify mass flow and assess food loss and waste in the US food supply chain. Communications Earth & Environment, 3(1), pp.1-11, 2022.
- S. Rezaei, A. Khojandi, A.M. Haque, C. Brakewood, M. Jin and C.R. Cherry, Park-and-ride facility location optimization: A case study for Nashville, Tennessee. Transportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives, 13, p.100578, 2022.
- R. Li, M. Jin*, Z. Pei, and D. Wang, “Geometrical Defect Detection on Additive Manufacturing Parts with Curvature Feature and Machine Learning,” accepted by the International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2022.
- R. Chai, J. Mao, H. Chen, Y. Wang, X. Shi, M. Jin, T. Zhao, F.M. Hoffman, D.M. Ricciuto, and S.D. Wullschleger, “Human-caused Long-Term Changes in Global Aridity,” npj Climate and Atmospheric Science, 4(1), pp.1-8, 2021
W. Dong and M. Jin, “Travel Time Models for Tier-To-Tier SBS/RS with Different Storage Assignment Policies and Shuttle Dispatching Rules,” Accepted by Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 155, p.102485, 2021.
R. Tang, J. Mao, M. Jin, A. Chen, Y. Yu, X. Shi, Y. Zhang, F. M. Hoffman, M. Xu, and Y. Wang, “Interannual Variability and Climatic Sensitivity of global Wildfire Activity”, Accepted by Advances in Climate Change Research,12(5), pp.686-695, 2021.
W. Dong M. Jin*, Y. Wang, and P. Kelle, “Retrieval Scheduling in Crane-based 3D Automated Retrieval and Storage Systems with Shuttles,” Annals of Operations Research, 302, 111-135, 2021.
S. Rezaei, A. Khojandi, A. Haque, C. Brakewood, M. Jin, and C. Cherry, “Performance Evaluation of Mode Choice Models Under Balanced and Imbalanced Data Assumptions,” Accepted by Transportation letters, 2021.
K. Zhang, X. Li*, M. Jin, “Efficient Solution Methods for A General R-Interdiction Median Problem with Fortification,” Accepted by INFORM Journal on Computing, 2021.
Y. Wang, J. Mao, M. Jin, F.M. Hoffman, X. Shi, S.D. Wullschleger, and Y. Dai, “Development of Observation-based Global Multi-layer Soil Moisture Products for 1970 to 2016,” Earth System Science Data, 13, 4385-4405, 2021.
J. Hale and M. Jin*, "A conceptual framework for witness builds and witness artifacts in additive manufacturing", Rapid Prototyping Journal, 27 (6), 2021
R. Li, M. Jin*, and V. Paquit, “Geometrical Defect Detection for Additive Manufacturing with Machine Learning Models,” Materials & Design, 206, 109726, 2021.
N. Liu, F. Xie, Z. Lin*, and M. Jin, “Empirical Estimation of Route Length Along U.S. Interstate Highways Based on Great Circle Distance,” Transportation Research Record, 2675(10), pp.1248-1253, 2021.
Y. Wang, Z. Yu, M. Jin*, and J. Mao, “Decisions and Coordination of Retailer-led Low-carbon Supply Chain under Altruistic Preference,” European Journal of Operational Research, 293, (3) 910-925, 2021.
J. Zhuang*, H. Sun, Huihui, G. Sayler, K. Kline, V. Dale, M. Jin, G. Yu, B. Fu, and F. Löffler, “Food-Energy-Water Crises in the United States and China: Commonalities and Asynchronous Experiences Support Integration of Global Efforts,” Environmental Science & Technology, 55 (3), 1446-1455, 2021.
T. Cokyasar*, W. Dong, M. Jin, I.O. Verbas, “Designing a Drone Delivery Network with Automated Battery Swapping Machines”, Computers and Operations Research, 129, 105177, 2021.
Z. Liu, Y. Wang, M. Jin*, H. Wu, and W. Dong, “Energy Consumption Model for Shuttle-Based Storage and Retrieval Systems”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 282, 124480, 2021.
Y. Gong, M. Jin, and Z. Yuan*, “Robotic Mobile Fulfillment System Considering Customer Classes”, International Journal of Production Research, 59(16), 5032-5049, 2021.
Y. Ding, M. Jin, S. Li, and D. Feng*, “Smart Logistics Based on the Internet of Things Technology: An Overview”, International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, 24(4), 323-345, 2021.
L. Yang, Y. Wang*, R. Wang, J. Klemes, C. Almeida, M. Jin, X. Zheng, and Y. Qiao, “Environmental-social-economic Footprints of Consumption and Trade in the Asia-pacific Region", Nature Communications, 11(1), 1-9, 2020.
Y. Wang*, R. Fan, S. Liang, and M. Jin, “Decisions and Coordination of Green E-Commerce Supply Chain Considering Green Manufacturer's Fairness Concerns", International Journal of Production Research, 58(24), 7471-7489, 2020.
S. Zhou, M. Jin*, N. Du, “Energy-efficient scheduling of a single batch processing machine with dynamic job arrival times”, Energy, 209, 2020.
C. Wang, Y. Wang*, X. Tong, S. Ulgiati, S. Liang, M. Xu, W. Wei, X. Li, M. Jin, J. Mao, “Mapping potentials and bridging regional gaps of renewable resources in China”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 134, 2020: 110337.
- A. Chen*, R. Tang, J. Mao*, C.Yue, X. Li, M. Gao, X. Shi, M. Jin, D. Ricciuto, S. Rabin, P. Ciais, S. Piao, “Spatiotemporal dynamics of ecosystem fires and biomass burning-induced carbon emissions in China over the past two decades”, Geography and Sustainability, 1(1), 47-58, 2020.
- X. Zhang, R. You, Z. Wei, X. Jiang, J. Yang, Y. Pan, P. Wu, Q. Jia, Z. Bao, L. Bai, Jin, B. Sumpter, V. Fung, W. Huang, Z. Wu*, “Radical Chemistry and Reaction Mechanisms of Propane Oxidative Dehydrogenation over Hexagonal Boron Nitride Catalysts”, Angewandte Chemie, 132(21), 8119-8123 2020.
- X. Zhao, R. Zhang, N. Zhang, Y. Wang, M. Jin, and S. Mou, “Analysis of the Shuttle-Based Compact Storage and Retrieval System,” IEEE Access 8, 146154-146165, 2020.
- Kose, M. Jin*, and T. Peng, “Quality and Productivity Trade-off in Powder-Bed Additive Manufacturing,” Accepted by Progress in Additive Manufacturing, 5(2),199-210, 2020.
- X. Zhao, R. Zhang, N. Zhang, Y. Wang, M. Jin, and S. Mou, “Analysis of the Shuttle-Based Compact Storage and Retrieval System,” Accepted by IEEE Access, 2020.
- S. Xu, W. Dong, M. Jin*, and Li Wang, “Single-Machine Scheduling with Fixed or Flexible Maintenance,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, 139, 2020.
- W. Wang, Z. Hood, W. Zhang, I. Ivanov, Z. Bao, T. Su, M. Jin, L. Bai, X. Wang, R. Zhang, Z. Wu*. Construction of 2D BiVO4−CdS−Ti3C2Tx Heterostructures for Enhanced Photo‐redox Activities,” ChemCatChem, 12, 3496-3503, 2020.
- W. Liu, D. Qin, N. Shen, J. Zhang, M. Jin*, N. Xie, J. Chen1, X. Chang, “Optimal pricing for a multi-echelon closed-loop supply chain with different power structures and product dual differences”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 257(1), 2020.
- L. Feng, D. Huang, M. Jin*, W. Li, Z. He, A. Yu, “Quality Control Scheme Selection with a Case of Aviation Equipment Development”, Engineering Management Journal, 32(1), 14-25, 2020.
- J. Shi. R. Wang. W. Chen. L. Xing, M. Jin*, “Bi-objective Design of Household E-Waste Collection with Public Advertising and Competition from Informal Sectors,” Waste Management, 102, 65-75, 2020.
- W. Forbes, J. Mao *, D.M. Ricciuto, S. Kao, X. Shi, A.A. Tavakoly, M. Jin*, et al. “Streamflow in the Columbia River Basin: Quantifying changes over the period 1951-2008 and determining the drivers of those changes,” Water Resources Research, 55(8), 6640-6652, 2019.
- P. Ma, Y. Gong*, M. Jin, “Quality Efforts in Medical Supply Chains Considering Patient Benefits,” European Journal of Operational Research, 279(3), 795-807, 2019
- T. Cokyasar, M. Jin*, A. Garcia, “Optimization of size and timing of base-salary increases”, The Engineering Economist, 64(2), 97-115, 2019. (Featured in IISE Magazine)
- Y. Wang*, Z. Yu, M. Jin, “E-commerce supply chains under capital constraints,” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 35, 2019.
- F. Xie, N. Liu, M. Jin, Z. Ling*, “Impacts of the Consumer Heterogeneity in Fuel Economy Valuation on Compliance with Fuel Economy Standards”, Energy, 177, 167-174, 2019.
- D, Vance, Nimbalkar*, A. Thekdi, K. Armstrong, T. Wenning, J. Cresko, M. Jin, “Estimation of and Barriers to Waste Heat Recovery from Harsh Environments in Industrial Processes,” Journal of Cleaner Production, 222, 539-549, 2019.
- P. Kelle*, J. Song, M. Jin, H. Schneider, C. Claypool, “Evaluation of operational and environmental sustainability tradeoffs in multimodal freight transportation planning,” International Journal of Production Economics, 209, 411-420, 2019.
- W. Liu, W. Ma, Y. Hu, M. Jin*, K. Li, X. Chang, X. Yu, “Production planning for stochastic manufacturing/remanufacturing system with demand substitution using a hybrid ant colony system algorithm,” Journal of Cleaner Production, 213, 999-1010, 2019.
- B. Oliveira*, M. Jin, R.S. Lima, J.E. Kobza, J.A.B Montevechi, “The role of simulation and optimization methods in supply chain risk management: performance and review standpoints,” Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, 92, 17-44, 2019.
- Y. Ding and M. Jin*, “Service and Pricing Strategies in Online Retailing under Carbon Emission Regulation,” Journal of Cleaner Production, 217, 85-94, 2019.
- Q. Bai, Y. Gong, M. Jin*, X. Xu, “Effects of carbon emission reduction on supply chain coordination with vendor-managed deteriorating product inventory,” International Journal of Production Economics, 208, 83-99, 2019.
- K. He, R. Tang, M. Jin*, Y. Cao, and S. Nimbalkar, “Energy modeling and efficiency analysis of aluminum die casting processes,” Energy Efficiency, 12(5) 1167-1182, 2019.
- W. Forbes, J. Mao, Jiafu*, M. Jin*, et al. “Contribution of environmental forcings to US runoff changes for the period 1950-2010", Environmental Research Letters, 13, 054023, 2018.
- W. Liu, J. Zhang, M. Jin*, S. Liu, X. Chang, N. Xie, and Y. Wang “Key indices of the remanufacturing industry in china using a combined method of grey incidence analysis and grey clustering,” Journal of Cleaner Production, 168, 1348-1357, 2017.
- L. Zhang, M. Jin*, Z. Ye, H. Li, D. Clarke, and Y. Wang “Macro-Level classification yard capacity modeling,” Transportation Research Record, Journal of Transportation Research Board, 2608, 125-133 2017.
- W. Li, H. Wu, M. Jin*, M. Lai, “Two-stage Remanufcturing Decision Makings Considering Product Life Cycle and Consumer Perception,” Journal of Cleaner Production, 161, 581-590, 2017.
- M. Jin*, R. Tang, Y. Ji, F. Liu, L. Gao, and D. Huisingh, "Impact of Advanced Manufacturing on Sustainability," Journal of Cleaner Production, 161, 69-74, 2017.
- H. Li, M. Jin*, S. He, Z. Ye, and J. Song, “Optimal Track Utilization in Electric Multiple Unit Depots,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, 108, 81-87, 2017.
- K. He, R. Tang, and M. Jin*, “Pareto Fronts of Machining Parameters for Trade-off among Energy Consumption, Cutting Force and Processing Time,” International Journal of Production Economics, 185, 113-127, 2017.
- J. Mao*, A. Ribes, B. Yan, X. Shi, R. P. Thornton, R. Séférian, P. Ciais, R. B. Myneni,, H. Douville, S. Piao, Z. Zhu, R. E. Dickson, Y. Dai, D. M. Ricciuto, M. Jin, F. M. Hoffman, B. Wang, M. Huang, and X. Lian, “Human-induced greening of the northern extratropical land surface,” Nature Climate Change, 27 June 2016.
- C. Wang, Z. Ye*, W. Wang, and M. Jin “Traffic-related heavy metal contamination in urban areas and correlation with traffic activity in China,” Transportation Research Record, Journal of Transportation Research Board, 2571, 80-89, 2016.
- M. Roni, S. Eksioglu, M. Jin*, and S. Mamun, “A hybrid inventory policy with split delivery under regular and surge demand,” International Journal of Production Economics, 172, 126–136, 2016.
- H. Li, M. Jin*, R. Song, S. He, and J. Song, “Dynamic Railcar Connection Planning in Classification Yards,” Transportation Letters, The International Journal of Transportation Research, 8 (2) 77-89 2016.
- Q. Zhong, R. Tang*, J. Lv, S. Jia, and M. Jin, “Evaluation on models of calculating energy consumption in metal cutting processes: a case of external turning process”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 82, 12087-2099, 2016.
- Santibanez-Gonzalez, E.D., Sarkis, J., Dolgui, A., Koh, L., Govindan, K., Jin, M., Zhao, Q., Nyberg, T. and Zhang, Z.. Low carbon economy and equitable society: production, supply chain, and operations management perspectives. Journal of Cleaner Production, 117(20), 7-9, 2016.
- H. Li, M. Jin*, and S. He “Sequencing and Scheduling in Railway Classification Yards,” Transportation Research Record, Journal of Transportation Research Board, Volume 2475, 72-80, 2015.
- M. Jin* and A. Yu, “Procurement Auctions and Supply Chain Performance,” International Journal of Production Economics, 162, 192-200, 2015.
- A. Khaled, M. Jin*, D. Clarke, and M.A. Hoque, “Train Design and Routing Optimization for Evaluating Criticality of Freight Railroad Infrastructures,” Transportation Research B, 71 (1) 71-84, 2015.
- M. Roni, M. Jin*, and S. Ekisoglu, “A Hybrid Inventory Management System Responding to Regular Demand and Surge Demand,” OMEGA: The International Journal of Management Science, 52, 190-200, 2015.
- N. Nan*, J. Savolainen, Z. Niu, M. Jin, J. C. Cheng, “A Systems Approach to Product Line Requirements Reuse,” IEEE Systems Journal, 8 (3), 827-836, 2014.
- Y. Wen, L. Zhang*, Z. Huang, M. Jin, “Incorporating transportation network modeling tools within transportation economic impact studies of disasters,” Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, 1 (4), 247-260, 2014.
- M. Jin*, N.A. Granda-Marulanda, and I. Down, “The Impact of Carbon Policies on Supply Chain Design and Logistics of a Major Retailer,” the Journal of Cleaner Production, 85, 453-461, 2014.
- X. Zhu*, A. Garcia-Diaz, M. Jin, and Y. Zhang, “Vehicle Fuel Consumption Minimization in Routing Over-Dimensioned and Overweight Trucks in Capacitated Transportation Networks,” the Journal of Cleaner Production, 85, 331-336, 2014.
- H. Parsa and M. Jin*, “An Improved Approximation for the Renewal Function and its Integral,” International Journal of Production Economics, 146 (1), 142-152, 2013.
- M. Jin* and G. Agirbas, “Reducing Expiry of Slow-Moving Critical Medical Items with Transshipment,” IIE Transactions for Healthcare Systems Engineering, 3 (3), 1930-206, 2013.
- L. Zhang*, J. Gou, and M. Jin, “Model of Integrated Corridor Traffic Optimization,” Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2311, 108-116, 2012.
- L. Li, M. Jin*, and L. Zhang, “Sheltering Network Planning and Management Responding to Natural Disasters,” International Journal of Production Economics, 131 (2), 4 31-440, 2011.
- N. Niu, M. Jin*, and J.C. Cheng, “A Case Study of Exploiting Enterprise Resource Planning Requirements,” Enterprise Information Systems, 5 (2), 183-206, 2011.
- S. N. Proon and M. Jin*, “A Genetic Algorithm with Neighborhood Search for the Resource-Constrained Project Scheduling Problem,” Naval Research Logistics, 58 (2), 73-82, 2011.
- B. Eksioglu*, S. Eksioglu, J. Zhang, and M. Jin, “A Simulation Model to Analyze the Impact of Outsourcing on Furniture Supply Chain Performance,” Forest Products Journal, 60 (3), 258-265, 2010.
- S. D. Eksioglu*, B. Eksioglu, C. T. Walden, M. Jin and A. Acharya, “Automotive Distribution Network Design: A Support System for Transportation Infrastructure Decision Makers,” International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 4 (4), 379 - 401, 2010.
- M. Jin* and B. Eksioglu, “Optimal Routing of Vehicles with Communication Capabilities in Disasters,” Computational Management Science, 7 (2), 121-137, 2010.
- M. Jin*, S. Eksioglu, B. Eksioglu and H. Wang, “Mode Selection for Automotive Distribution with Quantity Discounts,” Networks and Spatial Economics, 10 (1), 1-13, 2010.
- R. Q. Hu*, W. Hu, M. Jin and Y. Qian, “Wavelength Retuning without Service Interruption in an All-Optical Survivable Network,” International Journal of Communication Systems, 22 (6), 719-738, 2009.
- J. Willers*, M. Jin, B. Eksioglu, A. Zusmanis, C. O’Hara and J. Jenkins, “A Post-Processing Step Error Correction Algorithm for Overlapping LiDAR Strips from Agricultural Landscapes,” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 64 (2), 183–193, 2008.
- M. Jin*, M. Swizter and G. Agirbas, “Six Sigma and Lean in Healthcare Logistics Center Design and Operation: A Case at North Mississippi Health Service,” International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage, 4 (3), 270-288, 2008.
- M. Jin*, Y. Luo and S. Ekioglu, “Integration of Production Sequencing and Outbound Logistics in the Automotive Industry,” International Journal of Production Economics, 113 (2), 766-774, 2008.
- B. Eksioglu*, M. Jin, I. Capar and Z. Zhang, “Highway Traffic Management in Incidents of National Significance,” Journal of Emergence Management, 6 (1), 23-36, 2008.
- M. Jin*, K. Liu and B. Ekioglu, “A Column Generation Approach for the Split Delivery Vehicle Routing Problem,” Operations Research Letters, 36 (2), 265-270, 2008.
- Z. Zhang and M. Jin*, “Iterative Multi-attribute Multi-unit Reverse Auctions,” The Engineering Economist, 52 (4), 333- 354, 2007.
- M. Jin* and S. D. Wu, “Capacity Reservation Contracts for High-Tech Industry,” European Journal of Operational Research, 176 (3), 1659-1677, 2007.
- M. Jin*, K. Liu and R. O. Bowden, “A Two Stage Exact Approach to the Split Delivery Vehicle Routing Problem with Valid Inequalities,” International Journal of Production Economics, 105 (1), 228-242, 2007.
- H. Wang and M. Jin*, “Transportation Performance Measurement System with a Case Study in Mississippi,” The Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, 45 (3), 19-37, 2006.
- M. Jin*, S. D. Wu and M. Erkoc, “Multiple unit auctions with Economies and Diseconomies of Scale,” European Journal of Operational Research, 174 (2), 816-834, 2006.
- M. Jin* and S. D. Wu, “Supplier Coalitions in On-Line Reverse Auctions: Validity Requirements and Profit Distribution Scheme,” International Journal of Production Economics, 100 (2), 183-194, 2006.
- M. Jin* and W. Guo, “EZ M-parking System,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1944, 67-71, 2006.
- M. Jin*, K. Liu and B. Eskioglu, “Routing with Early Ordering for Just-In-Time Manufacturing Systems,” Lecture Notes on Computer Science, 3982, 720-728, 2006.
- S. D. Eskioglu* and M. Jin, “Cross-Facility Production and Transportation Planning Problem with Perishable Inventory,” Lecture Notes on Computer Science, 3982, 708-717, 2006.
- R. Q. Hu*, R. Best, Y. Qian and M. Jin, “A Scheduling Algorithm in a Core Optical Router with Heterogeneous Traffic,” International Journal on Wireless & Optical Communications, 3 (1), 1-22, 2006.
- M. Jin*, R. Q. Hu, Z. Zhang and W. Hu, “Integer Linear Programming Models and Performance Evaluation on Wavelength Rearrangement in a Mesh-Restored All-Optical Network,” IEEE Communications Letters, 10 (2), 111-113, 2006.
- M. Jin* and S. D. Wu, “A New Heuristic Method for Mixed Model Assembly Line,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, 44 (1), 159-170, 2003.