Adjunct Associate Professor
Christopher Mears has worked at Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) as a government contractor. He has performed several different roles related to management, industrial engineering, systems engineering, reliability engineering, and continuous improvement, from an individual project level up to the enterprise level of AEDC. In his current role as Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Support Manager, Christopher is functionally responsible for work management processes related to O&M support of craft work (resource forecasting, planning, scheduling, CMMS).
Christopher has played an active leadership role in sharing maintenance, reliability, and asset management best practices across multiple military, space, manufacturing, building, and test facilities across the world. He has performed on-site support with assessing and improving operations and maintenance programs at a number of NASA facilities, including NASA Ames (California), NASA White Sands (New Mexico), NASA Michoud (Louisiana), NASA Stennis (Mississippi), and NASA Kennedy Space Center (Florida).
- Maintenance & Reliability/Asset Management
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis
- Strategic Management
- Human Capital/Knowledge Management
- BS, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN.
- MS, Industrial Engineering/Engineering Management, University of TN, Knoxville, TN.
- PhD., Industrial & Systems Engineering with a concentration in Engineering Management, University of TN, Knoxville, TN.
- Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Workbook to Accompany Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices, 2nd Ed. (co-author)
- Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices, 2nd Ed. (significant contributor)