The Computer Simulation Lab is equipped with simulation and optimization software which can provide software and expertise to apply simulation and optimization for solving industrial problems. This lab is primarily used by Professor Li for teaching IE406, IE514, and IE526, and also for our students to study and complete homework and project assignments.
There are twenty-four computers, including seven new computers (Dell Optiplex 780) and seventeen old computers (Dell Optiplex GX280). In addition, the PCs are networked, provide Internet access, and are connected to a HP LaserJet 2420 printer.
The Lab have two powerful servers which have robust research and teaching software installed. Users can access these servers via remote desktop connection. The following software has been installed.
- General purpose: Microsoft Office, Visio, Project
- Information System Development: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Macromedia Dreamwaver 8, Apache HTTP Server 2.2
- Optimization: Matlab R2009a, Gamside, Lingo10
- Simulation: Arena 13.5, AnlyLogic
- Plot: SigmaFlow, SigmaPlot 10.0
- Statistics: Minitab 15
- Others: Design-Expert 7, Camtasia Studio 3, eVSM software